This will guide you on how to install Windows 11 update on your PC provided your PC is eligible for the update.
The Windows 11 launch date was October 5, quite a number of people had been using the update since 2021, if you haven’t been using Windows 11, then, this article is just for you.
This guide tells you how to get and install the free Windows 11 update on your computer.
Windows 11 Installation Guide And Requirements
Do you have a computer and want to be able to test the new features of Windows 11 (widgets, virtual desktops, and the new Microsoft Store)? The official rollout of Microsoft’s new operating system began on October 5 on eligible devices.
Be aware that the American software firm offers Windows users to obtain the update to Windows 11 for free.
The only requirement is to register for the Windows Insider program (software testing program) and to have a PC eligible for the update.
Before you start downloading the update, you will need to check your PC’s compatibility with the latest version of Windows.
There is no point in following this guide if your system is not eligible for the free Windows 11 update.
To check your PC’s compatibility with Windows 11, Microsoft has released the PC Health app.
Here is the minimum configuration recommended by Microsoft.
- 1 Ghz processor or more 64-bit compatible
- 4 gigabytes or more of RAM
- 64 GB of available hard disk memory
Once this step has been completed, you will need to register for the Windows Insider program.
Note that this operation is completely free. You will also have to be careful never to download a beta version on your main computer because the beta version tends to be full of bugs.
How To Download And Register For Windows 11 Insider Build
Microsoft is previewing the stable version of Windows 11 to members of the Windows Insider program.
Now let’s see how to register for this program and how to download the latest version of Windows 11 for use.
- Make sure you have administrator rights on your computer under Windows 10
- Then open your PC settings by right-clicking on the Windows button in the taskbar
- Select the Update and Security section
- Click on the Windows Insider Program section in the right column
- You will then be prompted to enable optional diagnostic data by following the instructions on the screen
- Then press the start button
- In the Choose an account to get started section, click the + button
- Enter your Microsoft account credentials
- Select the Release Preview topic
- Press the confirm button
- Click the restart now button
- Then go back to your PC settings
- Select the Update and security section then Windows Update
- Press the check for updates button
- Download the latest Windows 11 build from Insider Preview based on your selected setting
How To Install Windows 11 Update On PC – Summary
Now that you are done, all you have to do is wait for the new operating system to install on your computer.
Note that your PC should restart several times during the installation process. Make sure your computer is plugged into an electrical outlet to prevent a power outage.