This article will guide you on how to use Shazam on computer.
The music recognition site Shazam has just unveiled a new extension for the Chrome browser.
Thanks to this new tool, music lovers will be able to easily identify a song or music on their computer without having to take out their smartphone.
Here’s how to use Shazam on a computer. To use Shazam on a computer, you have to;
1. Identify Songs From PC Or Mac
The first thing to do to use shazam on a computer is to identify the song/songs from PC or Mac.
Do we still need to present the music recognition service Shazam?
Well, this music recognition application is a real hit with music enthusiasts and smartphone owners because it allows music recognition with ease and no hassle.
And the good news is that the service is now available directly on your computer.
Imagine you are watching a movie or a video on YouTube and suddenly you hear a very nice song in the background whose title you would like to know.
In such a situation, the first instinct is to rush to your smartphone, unlock the screen and launch the Shazam application.
To do this, you have to be quick and make sure that your headphones are not connected to your computer.
This is where the Shazam extension for Chrome comes in.
Its mission is to identify all the music played in the tabs of the Chrome browser, regardless of the platform (Netflix, YouTube, website, social networks, video games, etc.).
Identifying music on the web has never been easier but the Shazam Chrome extension makes it much easier.
2. Install And Configure The Shazam Extension
One of the best music recognition apps (Shazam) is now available on PC and Mac as an extension for all Chromium browsers.
Concretely, this means that you can install the extension on Microsoft Edge as well as on Google Chrome or the Brave browser.
In this example, we will use Chrome, therefore, to install and configure the Shazam extension;
- Launch the browser i.e Chrome browser
- Click or copy this link to go directly to the Shazam extension page
- Click the blue Add to Chrome button located in the upper right corner of the screen
- Once the extension is installed, don’t forget to pin it to your browser’s toolbar for easy access
The extension will help you identify music playing in Chrome tabs.
How To Use Shazam Chrome Extension On Computer
- Play a song or video with music
- Stay on the tab that broadcasts the sound to identify
- Click on the Shazam icon located in the toolbar
- A pop-up window will open in the top corner of the window
- Click the big Shazam button to start the music recognition process
- Once the song is recognized, the extension will display a link to listen to the full song on Apple Music.
The Shazam extension will keep the full list of all the songs you have identified over the past few weeks. The history is accessible directly from the extension icon in the browser toolbar.
Summary (How to use Shazam on a computer)
The Shazam extension is particularly useful, especially for those who consume a lot of music and videos from a PC or Mac.
They will be able to identify songs even with headphones.
With this said, it is technically possible to work fully on your PC without having to take up your phone to use it.