This article will solely focus on How To Use Alexa On Windows 11 And 10.
Just like Siri on iPhones and the Google Voice Assistant on Android, using Alexa on Windows 11 and 10 can be a good way of using voice commands to make pieces of stuff operational on your PC.
The Amazon Alexa voice assistant which has now become so popular in recent years is one of the most reliable voice assistants that work to help you get things done very easily.
Using Alexa on your Windows 11 and 10 PC will only bring ease and comfort as multiple tasks can be performed only with your voice.
Alexa on PC with Windows 11 and 10 can be so helpful to a lot of users of different categories and fields.
The voice Assistant can definitely help to mark appointments so fast, listen to the latest news, make a to-do list, listen to music, open a particular app or software very easily, browse the net, and so on.
How To Install Alexa On Windows 11 And 10 PC
Before you can start to use Alexa voice Assistant on your PC, you have to, first of all, install the software on your PC.
Installing Alexa on your PC can be very simple and straightforward.
You can start the installation by going to the Microsoft Store and then download the free app to your Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC.
Also, install after downloading.
While installing, make sure you;
- Activate the ‘wake word’. It is this that will enable Alexa to be functional when you use the voice command by pronouncing ‘Alexa’.
After the installation, then, we are good to go to how to use the program.
How To Use Alexa On Windows 11 And 10 PC – Step By Step Procedure
To use the already downloaded Alexa app on your Windows 11 or 10 PC, follow the procedures below;
- Log in to your Amazon account or create a new Amazon account if you don’t have one before.
- Make sure you allow the app to use your Computer’s Microphone even when you minimize the app or if it stays running in the background.
- Enable Alexa to start automatically when the computer is turned on. This enables you to use voice commands and make Alexa get things done for you without you opening the app.
- If you wish, you can add/pin Alexa to your system taskbar.
- In the end, you can activate Alexa as a Windows 11/10 lock screen when you are being presented with the ‘show mode’.
After that you’ve done all that is said, you can then start using the Alexa app.
The app is very simple to use and user-friendly.
You can start the use of the app by saying ‘Alexa’ and it will respond to you immediately.
You can then start to give it some tasks to do and wait for its response and how it will go about completing the task you give it to perform.
Also, You can also press at the same time, ‘Ctrl+Shift+A’, to put Alexa into command reception form.
Related: How To Install Windows 11 Update On PC
What Alexa Can Do
Alexa being a Voice Assitant can perform varieties of tasks such as;
- Control lights, sockets, and other devices which are compatible with Alexa.
- Play some music
- Place some calls
- Setting Reminders and Alarms
- Providing both weather and traffic reports
- Show Mode enabling, etc.
How To Use Alexa On Windows 11 And 10 – FAQ
Below are some recent questions on How To Use Alexa On Windows 11 And 10;
Can you use Alexa on Windows 11?
Sure, Alexa can be used on Windows 11.
Can I use Alexa on my Windows 10 computer?
Yes, you can use Alexa for free on Windows 10 computers.
Can you turn on your computer with Alexa?
No, you cannot turn on your shut-down computer with Alexa.
You can only wake your sleeping or hibernating PC with Alexa and to do so, you need to set up the Wake on LAN (WoL) Alexa skill in your Alexa settings.
Is Alexa A Good Voice Assitant?
Alexa is definitely a very good voice Assistant for your windows 11 and 10 PC.
How To Use Alexa On Windows 11 And 10 – Conclusion
The piece of information above is a complete guide on How To Use Alexa On Windows 11 And 10.
Alexa can give you the great experience you are looking for when it comes to using a great Voice Assistant on PC.
Be free to share your thoughts with us in the comment box below.